Team SMG is a group of SMG Jacksonville employees dedicated to improving the community we live and work in. The mission of the Team SMG is to support community growth and development, while increasing public knowledge of the facilities and events and enhancing the public image of SMG.
Our goals are simple – improve Jacksonville. We do this by:
- Supporting local charities and fundraising initiatives
- Building relationships that are mutually beneficial within the community
- Promoting the facilities, venues, and events in Jacksonville, FL
We do this by volunteering for programs and causes that are meaningful to us as employees, be it youth sports teams or breast cancer, blood drives or food drives.
To date we have contributed time and energy to the following events and causes:
- The Mackenzie’s Run at EverBank Field
- The Children’s Christmas Party of Jacksonville
- HabiJax, helping with the final punch list of a house being built, making it ready for the new owners
- The Florida Blue 5k Stadium Challenge which raised over $50,000 to assist local school sports teams and clubs that had been cut due to budget constraints
- The inaugural “Go First Coast Annual Blood Drive” that raised 266 units of blood
- Making Strides against Breast Cancer walk
- The “Fight for Air Climb”
- The Mentoring Program
The Mentoring Program
Turf Crew Mentoring Program
This program is to be used as a reward for doing well in school or other programs. Area youth (ages 16-17) would be given the opportunity to be part of the “Grounds Crew” and help set-up the field before all of the Jaguars home games. It would introduce students to the career of sports field management and be a fun, full-day of hands-on learning about what it takes to get the field ready for a game.
Our efforts are focused and driven by the employees who make up the incredibly dedicated group of volunteers; however, we are also happy to present a cause or event to our Team. For more information on Team SMG, the events we are supporting, or how to have Team SMG as a part of your event, please contact Jake Chamberlin at (904) 633-6111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.